Thursday, July 20, 2017

Rogue One #4



Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Issue #4 promises Darth Vader, and it delivers.  It continues the arc from Issue #3 which involves the meeting between Jyn Erso and Galen Erso, which the latter doesn't survive.  Then we get the Darth Vader goodness.  Seriously, the Star Wars producers need to get James Earl Jones to make every sound the way that woman who did Siri did, so we can have him say anything.  Over 20 years ago, when I lived in Japan, I loved the BBC Star Wars dramatizations for radio, but they weren't the same without Jones.

Despite this issue's unfortunate beginnings - I hated the "Erso reunion" scenes in the movie - this is a pretty good issue.  We get to see Darth Vader, Mon Mothma, Yavin 4, and all the other fun stuff.  This issue also captures the unique humor of Star Wars, which is the difference between good Star Wars and great Star Wars.  While I didn't like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the movie, very much (I liked Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace better, much to the chagrin of my nephew), it has elements of greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment