Saturday, July 9, 2016

Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe



Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe is a comic I bought for my 12-year-old nephew, Dylan.  Of course, it comes with the "Parental Advisory!  NOT for Kids!" warning, so I had to read it first.  The sacrifices of being an uncle, I know.  See, the great part of an "R" rating for the Deadpool movie from a financial point of view is that kids who aren't allowed to watch the movie are generally allowed to buy the comics, and they have in droves.  Although this does carry a parental advisory, it does so because the good guys (and bad guys) die, and not because there is any sexuality.  The story?  Deadpool, in one of the many alternate universes, gets to kill everyone, just like The Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe, only funny.

This is a fun and clever title, although I don't know if I'd have picked it up for myself.  I never saw the movie, Deadpool, because I just don't watch movies that much.  I have read a few Deadpool comics, most notably the current Spiderman/Deadpool, which is very good, but quite frankly, there's too much stuff out there for me to read, and I generally don't have time to go through it all.  I generally only pick up Marvel titles if one of my favorite writers is on the job, and writer Cullen Bunn and artist Dalibor Talajic weren't on my radar.  They definitely are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment