Sunday, July 24, 2016

Weavers #2



Weavers, Issue #2 starts with a shakedown that quickly turns deadly - for the Spiders.  Sid Thyme, the main character, steps outside at just the right moment, but steps inside to find trouble.  And if trouble weren't enough, the boss's girlfriend is making the moves on him.  This is just when he thought Frankie, the boss's daughter, was his only friend.  Worse yet, the Russians are going to war with the Spiders, and Sid's only way of surviving is "kill or be killed."  But what's his secret?

I had a little trouble finding this issue; I almost had to order it online.  The Wednesday before last, when I planned on buying Issue #2 and Issue #3, the Comics N' Stuff only had the latter.  Luckily, I was able to find the former at another store.  You know the drill, tons of Issue #1, scarcely any of Issue #2 and Issue #3.  This is a good title, though, and I like Simon Spurrier's writing.  The art and the coloring is on point, as it was in the last issue, but what got me was the lettering.  One of the higher-up members of the Spiders has the power to make people be quieter, and the talk bubbles seemed to fade out as he got near.  I can't wait for this to be used later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment