Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Star Wars: The Force Awakens #2



Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Issue #2 is the second of a five-issue limited series, adapting The Force Awakens into the comic-book world.  In Issue #2, Rey and Finn escape Jakku on the Millennium Falcon, only to be captured by Han Solo and Chewbacca, who are then captured by Bala-Tik and the KanjiKlub.  The issue ends with the ranthars loose and Finn about to be devoured by one of them.

I read three Star Wars series, The Force Awakens, Jason Aaron's Star Wars, and Charles Soule's Poe Dameron.  The adaptation of The Force Awakens is written by Chuck Wendig, with art by Luke Ross and Frank Martin, and lettering by VC's Clayton Cowles, whose lettering I'm a fan of.  Part of the reason I picked this title up is that Wendig writes Hyperion for Marvel, a title I've grown fond of.  Luke Ross has done some stuff I've read, and Frank Martin does the colors for East of West, which also came out with a new issue this week.

In short, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the comic, is realized by a great team, and it's a great adaptation.  My favorite part of this comic is the flashback after Finn and Rey find out that the man who has captured them is indeed Han Solo, the Republic General and smuggler.  I'm actually having more fun reading this adaptation than I did re-watching the movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

No comments:

Post a Comment