Saturday, December 3, 2016

Romulus #2


Romulus #2

Romulus, Issue #2 introduces the Illuminati, which is dedicated to fighting the Order of Romulus.  Its spokeswoman is a psychic pop star, reminiscent of Lady Gaga.  There's a neat fight sequence on top of one of the higher-ups in the Order of Romulus giving a speech about investing in education in war-torn countries.  And sexism.  This is a very feminist title, and Bryan Hill is commended for having realized it.

Romulus wasn't on my radar at first.  It took me nearly two months to start the first issue, which I bought on the recommendation of a friend.  There was a time when I bought just about any Image Comics title coming out.  I've switched more to Marvel these days, but this title reminds me that there are still great titles being created and written for Image.  Buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment