Monday, September 5, 2016

Black Butler XIII


Image result for Black Butler XIII

Black Butler XIII continues the "Aurora Society" arc.  Ciel and Sebastian, along with their friends, the Milford family, are on the Campania, a magnificent ocean liner that has struck an iceberg.  Elizabeth Milford, Ciel's betrothed, has always promised to look weak and dumb in front of Ciel, but with zombies attacking them aboard a doomed ship, she has to protect her future husband.  There is a lovely flashback to when Lizzie was slightly younger, right after Ciel survives the attack on the Phantomhive household.  She's a year older than Ciel, and quite taller than him, much to her chagrin.

I just love this series.  I put off reading Black Butler XIII a little because I just don't like zombies very much, but the two flashbacks are outstanding, one at the beginning of the book featuring Lizzie, and one at the end of the book, about Sebastian's pact with Ciel and their first days together.  This is really a title you cannot miss, and I am glad I had the foresight to buy Black Butler XIV a week or so ago.  The "beginnings" arc-within-an-arc is my favorite in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment