Sunday, September 4, 2016

East of West #28 and #29


Image result for east of west 29

East of West, Issue #28 and Issue #29 I'm reviewing as one because I've gotten behind in my reviews.  East of West is a difficult title to read at times because of its sprawling cast and its shifting allegiances, so look at this review as more of a guide to reading East of West than a simple reading of spoilers (which I try to avoid) and a few nods to the creators.  The best way to read East of West is issue-by-issue, even if you're reading the trade paperbacks.  Look for overall arcs, but don't expect a volume of East of West to read like a book.

It is End Times.  Issue #28 is Death looking for his son, but he's not the only one.  Heck, there's so much going on in this issue that I can't really recap it.  There's a slight mistake in the discussion of nucleosynthesis on page 22.  For the correct information, read here.  Issue #29 continues directly from Issue #28 and ends Year Two of the Apocalypse.  I suppose there is going to be a break before Issue #30.  I do love this title and all its creators, down to my favorite letterer, Rus Wooton.

No comments:

Post a Comment