Thursday, September 15, 2016

Daredevil/The Punisher #4


Image result for daredevil punisher soule 4

Daredevil/The Punisher, Issue #4 ends "Seventh Circle," Chapter One.  It starts out with Sergey Antonov trying to get free from the prisoner convoy to Texas, where he'll surely get the death penalty.  He's also trying to escape the clutches of Frank Castle, the Punisher.  Daredevil, along with Blindspot, is trying to make sure that Antonov makes it to Texas and make sure that the Punisher doesn't assassinate him.  Of course, a monkey wrench is thrown in the work when the Crimson Dynamo, a mercenary wearing Soviet super armor, comes in to help out Antonov.

I was actually surprised after reading this title that it got a T+ rating, for older teens.  Usually, when a Marvel title has Frank Castle out killing people (I won't say who), they slap a "Mature Readers" title on the cover to pump up the sales.  I do think that such ratings are laughable compared to The Humans and a few other truly mature titles.

I do like the series, and I'm not usually this slow in picking up a title with so much good about it.  Charles Soule does the writing, and I'm a big fan of him.  Daredevil?  Oh, yeah.  The Punisher?  Keep going!  I had a rough couple of days, so I'm behind in my comic reading, but this title was on my bookcase for several weeks, and I can't really think of why.  Anyway, good comic.  If you haven't read it yet, look for Daredevil/The Punisher: Seventh Circle to hit stores and Amazon.com on 10/25/16.

No comments:

Post a Comment